BMO (Bank of Montreal) offers online banking services through the website and mobile apps to both businesses and individuals.
It easily turns your smart devices or computer into your personal, secure, and comfortable 24/7 branch. Securely view accounts, pay bills, send money and more using your web browser. Let’s get you set up.
The web understands that you need to focus more and spend more of your time to manage and grow your business. That is why the site is perfectly tailored to make cash flow management secure and efficient. It would definitely help you to spend both your time and money wisely.
To sign in follow these steps from the previous URL.
- Go to the upper left corner of your screen and click on Sign in (see image below)
- Select Online Banking Option
- Type your card number and your password for web services.
- Then Click on continue
- Customer care: 1-888-776-6886, 1-877-225-5266 (1-877 CALL)
- Commercial expert: 1-877-262-5907
- Lost or Stolen Card: 1-877-225-5266
Key Features and Benefits
It presents some features and benefits that make online banking easier to do. Do you need to transfer funds, pay bills, view your banking/transaction statements, or simply manage your account? It offers all these and more – from anywhere, at any time. Other features include:
- Easy and convenient access to 190 days of historical data for your account details, 100 days of historical data for cheque images, real-time cash management reports, etc.
- Protection for your personal and banking information using a multi-level security system, which includes user IDs, passwords, secure token authentication, and 256-bit encryption.
- Users’ ability to assign and control user permissions and oversee users and passwords.
- Set-up and delete users quickly and easily and safeguard information by limiting user access by account, transaction type and dollar amount.
- Transfer funds in real time between BMO Canadian and USD accounts.
- Mobile Wire Approvals service.
- Users’ ability to view, download or print e-statements and e-reports.
- User’s receipt of timely alerts through SMS and email on key activities and transactions.
- User’s ability to deposit cheques remotely,
- And taxes filing.
Being an internet platform, it operates 24 hours daily, which may be subjected to interruptions or fluctuations in system or telecommunications, failure in power supply, or any other possible factor beyond its control.
Are you concerned about your security? Bank of Montreal got you covered with its 100 percent Electronic Banking Guarantee. In case of any unauthorized transaction on your personal banking account, it will surely reimburse you for the loss. With the following security feature set in place, you can bank without worry.
- 100% reimbursement for any unauthorized transactions carried out on your banking account that results in a direct loss.
- Two-step verification. This is an enhanced security feature, but in the case where you don’t have access to your phone, there is also an opportunity of setting a challenge question.
- Trading Password: for additional security, you can create a unique Trading password other than your normal account password.
- Time-out settings: this setting signs you out of your account automatically after being inactive for 15 minutes. This feature helps to prevent an unauthorized user from accessing your accounts while you're away from your device.
However, there are some security steps that you must take to further secure your account, this includes:
- Keeping your log in details or any other sensitive information confidential;
- Signing out and closing your Internet browser or clearing your browser’s cache after each transaction session;
- Constantly reviewing your account statements, activities, and trade confirmations;
- Changing your passwords regularly, and
- Installing the IBM Trustier Rapport software