Halifax is a bank in the United Kingdom operating primarily as the Bank of Scotland’s trading division. Formerly it was known as the Building Society. It is a totally owned Lloyds Group’s subsidiary.
It got its name from the West Yorkshire town. In 1853, it was established as a building society in the same town. It became the largest building society of the UK by 1913. Its growth continued and it flourishes to become one of the leading banks of the world. It never lost its position and in 1997 it decided to be demutualized.
- Official sites: UK: https://www.halifax.co.uk
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_(bank)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/askhalifaxbank?lang=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/halifax/
To login follow the instructions:
- Go to the homepage.
- On the top right corner of your screen click on Sign In (if you are not registered you must click on Register).
- In the next screen Type your username, then your password. Finally click on continue button to log in.
In the year 1853, itas founded. It was then the Permanent Benefit Building and Investment Society.
Instead of getting bigger by mergers or acquisition (which was the method adopted by most of the British building society), this society decided to grow organically. So it started having branches all through the UK.
Ultimately, it merged with Equitable Building Society (the second largest building society at that moment) in 1928. The Society was renamed as the Halifax Building Society.
The UK market went through a consolidation wave in the year 2001 which ultimately led it to merge with the Bank of Scotland (a deal worth £10.8 billion).
In January 2009, the Lloyds Group acquired the HBOS when the share prices were falling and speculation about its future increased.
It made some important alterations to its current accounts in February 2009. In the same year (November), it was hit by a massive power failure that affected all its branches along with internet and ATM services.
It operates solely from the UK. The bank has more than 800 branches across the UK. Using their branch finder (https://www.halifax.co.uk/branchfinder/search.asp) customers can find the nearest ATM (cash machine) or branch.
The Phone Number for Customer Service is: 0345 720 3040
Information and contact information
It is a company of investment with financial services
Address: PO Box 548, Leeds.
- Zip code: LS1 1WU.
- City and Province: Leeds
- Country: United Kingdom.
- Phone: +44 113 242 2229.
- Fax: +44 113 279 8302
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Information: Swift Code: LOYDGB2L.
Primarily three types of customers are present: personal, business and corporate.
- Share Dealing.
- Service availability.
- Send money abroad.
- Internet Services.
- Internet Banking.
- Mobile Services.
- Credit Cards.
- Car Finance.
- Bank Accounts.
- Personal: https://www.halifax-online.co.uk/personal/logon/login.jsp
- Login Process: https://www.halifax.co.uk/aboutonline/
- Business: www.halifax.co.uk/business-banking/
It does not have any international operations. But it has a partner belonging to the same group, the Lloyds Bank (Gibraltar) Limited and International Limited to help its customers in international banking.
Based on the situations it can provide accounts and services to the customers to manage their assets in different currencies.